4. Types of Writing and How They Help

There are many forms of writing that people use daily such as texting, e-mailing, and writing. These are tools that help us learn the always developing language of the world. I personally use writing to communicate with my friends and further my ability to learn.

I use note-taking daily at school. I have had to adapt from copying the notes as they are strictly written to paraphrasing the information. This has allowed me to better understand and memorize information for a test or exam. Note-taking also allows for an easy system of finding information for the required subject. I personally color-code my notes so that the section that I am trying to study for is easily found within my notes. This helps me focus on a certain section instead of searching through my notes to find a single source of information.

Texting is used by almost every person that owns a phone. During the 4 months of quarantine that I experienced, texting became the main way I communicated with my friends. This helped me remain sane during my time of isolation. This also helps me learn about what is going on with my friends lives and help me better understand what is going on in school. If I have trouble understanding a certain subject in school or other areas of my life, I can text friend and get help if it is required. 

Comments

  1. I like the tips given about taking notes. I agree that it is an easy way to summarize things. Since I have just started over I am looking for any tips I can get! The color-coding is definitely an idea I will be adopting. I need all the help that I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that taking notes is a great way to memorize and understand what you are learning, especially when you color code key words and phrases.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5. Authority

9. MLA Formatting